Listen to Livin the Good Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

L O V E


Love means different things to different people but my idea of love has been completely altered after reading Pres. Uctdorf's talk from October Conference. You know how you can hear something at just the perfect time and it hits you like a ton of bricks(maybe two tons!). Well over the past two days reading this talk I have felt the spirit so strongly and its making me want to act! I love when that happens! If you haven't taken time to read it recently please do!

"When we truly understand what it means to love as Jesus Christ loves us, the confusion clears and our priorities align. Our walk as disciples of Christ becomes more joyful. Our lives take on new meaning. Our relationship with our Heavenly Father becomes more profound. Obedience becomes a joy rather than a burden."

Just a few ways I plan to act on this!
  • Be kinder to my roommates and find out how Christ loves them.
  • Tell my family I love them more! I want to write each of them a letter for Christmas.
  • Give money to homeless or less fortunate people when I can.( I know... I was skeptical of this one too. But I was challenged to make November a service month and ever since then I just can't stop! I love to give my money to people who need it more than I do!)
  • Quit feeling sorry for myself in social situations and start loving myself more and loving those who I am interacting with instead of avoiding them.
Also please read the childrens book " I like myself" by Karen Beaumont. It makes me way way happy. It will do the same for you!


1 comment: