Monday, December 7, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Love means different things to different people but my idea of love has been completely altered after reading Pres. Uctdorf's talk from October Conference. You know how you can hear something at just the perfect time and it hits you like a ton of bricks(maybe two tons!). Well over the past two days reading this talk I have felt the spirit so strongly and its making me want to act! I love when that happens! If you haven't taken time to read it recently please do!
- Be kinder to my roommates and find out how Christ loves them.
- Tell my family I love them more! I want to write each of them a letter for Christmas.
- Give money to homeless or less fortunate people when I can.( I know... I was skeptical of this one too. But I was challenged to make November a service month and ever since then I just can't stop! I love to give my money to people who need it more than I do!)
- Quit feeling sorry for myself in social situations and start loving myself more and loving those who I am interacting with instead of avoiding them.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
- So many friends are within a short drive.
- Efy counselors abound. I found a bunch in my ward and I fully intend on making them my friends. Also so many of my efy friends live here!
- Great job that allows me to make home-made silly putty, magnet fishing poles, paper plate aquariums, buy stick horses from the dollar store and have my very first pet rat(not that I plan on having more than one pet rat...)!
- Institute! I love it so much! I missed it so much being at a church school for so long. I always feel the spirit so strong. And I love that Jason Miller comes with me every week! Its so great to have friends to share that with!
- People love ice cream here! And sometimes great boys like Scott Johns buy me ice cream! I love it!
- Target and Walmart... I for real live there. I have spent far too much money there since I moved here!
- Beyond Glaze Doughnuts! You will not believe them till you try them! So SO good!
- Jacket weather
- Conference weekend
- Amazing opportunities to hear lds musicians and speakers all the time!
- the library.. who knew!
- finding the most perfect shoes that I thought I would never find again... but i did!!! and they were on sale!!
- Friends come and visit me from Idaho!(Hooles and Joshy)
- being bored and curious enough to put a cd out on itunes and amazon
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
This is my rap/hip-hop group "Loungin in Blue"
When I had no more cares than to just jump with a self-timered camera...
When I travelled back in time to the 80's and looked darn good doing it!
Hmm... good date memories.
Road Trip to the 45th parallel! Have you been there? Bet not!
I was a VERY convincing nerd!!
We dressed a mannequin like a wo-mannequin... and then stole his/her arms.
When I was a babe... I know I'm Hot!
When we made a cardboard cutout named Peter. He love me and Katie Hawkes... so much he wore a shirt thats said I love Katie. What a lovely man he was!
Well let me just say… C.S. Lewis is a genius!!!
Last night I picked up Mere Christianity because I wasn’t tired and wanted a good book to read. I haven’t read it for at least six months and I forgot how much incredible insight he has! I just want to share a few quotes with you.
“Handing everything over to Christ does not, of course, mean that you stop trying. To trust Him means, of course, trying to do all that He says. There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way. Not doing these things in order to be saved, but because He has begun to save you already. Not hoping to get to Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you.”
“Now, once again, what God cares about is not exactly our actions. What he cares about is that we should be creatures of a certain kind or quality—the kind of creatures He intended us to be—creatures related to Himself in a certain way. I do not add ‘and related to one another in a certain way,’ because that is included: if you are right with Him you will inevitably be right with all your fellow creatures.”
Ya… incredible! Love it!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
There are so many scriptures that made an impression on me this week. But I want to start of by talking about something not from the scriptures. It is Sunday night and this week has been much like others I have had lately. It seems that I just move from day to day not truly enjoying what life has to offer me. I find myself wasting time on things that won’t make me happy and not really trying to make any changes. Tonight I was playing on my computer when I had the urge to go to Lds.org. They had a link to Mormon Messages on YouTube. I clicked on the link and I was immediately drawn to Elder Worthlin’s words, Come What May and Love It. I had long since forgotten about this talk. Hearing those words once again reminded me that I have control over how I handle my life and my feelings. If I choose to be unhappy in my situation then that is all I will ever be. But if I choose to love whatever comes my ways then I will start to see the splendor of life and the love of my Heavenly Father that puts things in my path to test my love for Him.
Another thing that hit me this week is how crafty Satan can be. In 2 Nephi 28:21 it says, “ He will pacify and lull them away into carnal security that they will say: All is well in Zion… and leadeth them carefully down to hell.” Satans way is not too hit us with a big temptation. He wants to get us in the little things. In being unkind to those around us, forgetting to pray, not making time for scripture study, or feeling sorry for ourselves. He will lead us carefully until we are much farther down than we ever realized. Luckily, there is the great plan of happiness that allows us to repent and to walk back into the light no matter how many times we fall. What a wonderful plan our father has prepared for us.