Listen to Livin the Good Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yesterday I had an incredible experience. I was sitting in the airport feeling terribly exhausted from being out in the sun for so long, like so terrible I felt like I was going to vomit. But then I got in the plane and the plane kept going up. I looked out my window and saw the most incredible sight! It was the sun setting on the horizon. It was bright red and the clouds looked like blueberry cotton candy! It made me so incredibly grateful for everything I have! I was complaining so much to myself about how I felt physically and that incredible beauty jolted that out of me and made me immediately thank my Heavenly Father and turn to my scriptures!

 I turned to Mosiah 14 which is Isaiah's words about how the Savior willingly suffered for us all. I felt so incredibly thankful for that sacrifice. He suffered everything imaginable to save everyone that has ever lived. But I know he would have still suffered that if it was only for me. That is a miracle to me! The I came to a verse in chapter 16 that said, " But remember that he that persists in his own carnal nature and goes on in the ways of sin and rebellion against God, remaineth in his fallen state and the devil hath all power over him."

 I realized that I have been so wrong lately. I have been so carnal and it has truly let Satan into my life. I don't think I realized how far I had let myself stray from the strait and narrow. I know that I have so much more I need to do and my faith needs to increase tenfold! I know that if I continue in this state that I will not be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father and that terrifies me. I want to be better and I will work everyday to remember my Savior's love for me.

3 comments:

  1. Katie! I love love love you! What an inspiration. Can we please go do baptisms together again soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie! Don't we all feel inadequate sometimes and Satan's power is way too real! I have been feeling a little too much like this recently and you have helped me to get back on the right track moving forward. I look up to you in so many ways. I am so glad to have found your blog! Please keep in touch! Love Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY didn't i know you have a blog? sillyhead. I enjoyed this. I too flew on an airplane this weekend. I read my conference Ensign on the flight today....i rather enjoyed Elder Wirthlin's. Looks like you blogged about that awhiles back. We are the same. Remember how much we love conference? It's our favorite 2 weekends of the year. Yep.

    ReplyDelete